Sunday, April 6, 2008

This is me hiking

My friend Beckie and I hiked the wind caves during the priesthood session of conference....not that I had anyone to wait for. Anyways, I was a little nervous to get to the top because there are a lot of bees in the rocks. Anyone who knows me knows that when I encounter nature's animals they usually attack-fish and elk. I did stumble across a spider and a lizard, which made me jump, but I was never attacked....thankfully! Click on this picture to make it bigger.






"Bees, bees, bees in the car, bees everywhere! They're huge....they're ripping my flesh off. I'm starting to swell. They're huge and they're sting crazy. You're firearms are useless against them." ~Tommy Boy



5 comments:

Dents said...

Those bees definately look "sting crazy." Hopefully your camera has a good zoom, and you weren't standing that close to their nest. I have never seen an exposed nest like that. Way to go on a hike!

Kris said...

No way! That nest is incredible. You are brave, my hero!

Filetti Family said...

I HATE bees! I always get stung when I'm around them. They are one of my worst fears. Everyone always tells me to hold still when they come near and when I do, I GET STUNG!!! So, now I run and I haven't been stung since. :) You are brave.

Holly said...

You're Wild!

Lindsay said...

Lisa- You are so dang cute. Member us at Girls camp so many, many years ago? We quoted a bunch of Tommy Boy. Now I am really starting to go back down memory lane. Remember the "bladder" on the hike? And the picture where I totally stuffed my shirt? I have some really funny ones that I will have to scan and get to you. You will DIE!!!