Thursday, September 18, 2008

This is what you can find at our school library

This is a book that one of my students got out of the library at my school. I'm sitting at my desk while my students silent read in the morning and I see one of my students showing his partner some pictures from his book and laughing. So, me being curious as to why the silent part of our reading time isn't understood.....get up to investigate, and this is what I find. Well, I can certainly see why this would be a topic of conversation.

Seriously?

Just in case you need to know what crack cocaine looks like when in the market.


As evident by these two pictures apparently this book is a users guide.

I think it is safe to say that the world of education is gettng a little out of control!

9 comments:

The Dent Family said...

Your mama's on crack rock...she aint' my mama...

http://video.aol.com/video/your-mommas-on-crack-rock/2117619

GO Garcia!

Jamie and Preston said...

And we wonder why our kids turn out the way they do! These kids are lucky to have a teacher like you who will step in and make sure they know why that is wrong!

Jenn Mize said...

WOW! Really...WOW! I don't know what else to say.

Jen said...

So what your saying is...don't trust the school to monitor what our kids read... right? I can't believe it... crazy!
Did you keep the book or give it back to the kid?

Dents said...

I am sure books like this are in school libraries to keep our kids safe. I mean you need to know the best way to acquire the drug...bong vs "doing lines" etc. A person needs information to make an informed decision. The colorful pictures really bring drug use to life.

Doug & April said...

Hi there!! Long time not talk, but I was peeking at your blog.

That's quite a book!! Holy smokes!.....no pun intended!

Unknown said...

I wish I had a user guide when I was in school....
hahahaha!

Just kidding in case someone takes me seriously...

Melissa said...

That reminds me of a south park episode when the teacher teaches about marijuana and passes a bag around for the kids to see and cant get it back at the end of class. I miss you, when are you coming down again?


I dont usually watch south park, someone showed it to me!

Kristy said...

DANG! Your mom told me on Sunday about it. You should check that book out and NEVER return it.